Ministers of the Word
Who we are:
“When the Sacred Scriptures are read in the Church, God himself speaks to his people, and Christ, present in his word, proclaims the Gospel. Therefore, the readings from the Word of God are to be listened to reverently by everyone, for they are an element of the greatest importance in the Liturgy. Although in the readings from Sacred Scripture the Word of God is addressed to all people of whatever era and is understandable to them, a fuller understanding and a greater efficaciousness of the word is nevertheless fostered by a living commentary on the word, that is, by the Homily, as part of the liturgical action.” (General Instruction of the Roman Missal [GIRM], no. 29)
We are a group of parishioners who proclaim the Word at the English Saturday & Sunday liturgies.
Meeting Dates & Times:
There are several meetings throughout the year for current and new ministers. As a meeting is near, an announcement will be made during the Mass Announcements and in the bulletin.
For more information, you may contact:
Prescious Robinson | (323) 807 - 3854 | firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before mass begins
2. Please check to see if Lectionary is on the ambo
3. Please only serve one ministry at each Mass
4. Please remember the appropriate pauses when lectoring (beginning/ending)
5. Please continue to dress appropriately for Mass (we always do)
6. Please remain at Mass until after the final blessing
7. Lector leaders please remember to send me the schedule of Lectors for each month
(by the 20th)
Our next Lector training / workshop is scheduled for Saturday, March 21, 2020 from 9:00-12:00 pm in the Parish Hall. Steve Dormier from the Archdiocese of Los Angeles will lead the session.